Saturday, January 31, 2015

Birthday card

I am struggling with writing this post about a card I created today using the most recent My Favorite Things sketch for one of my sisters-in-law.  Her birthday is coming up soon so I thought it would be a great opportunity to get myself crafting again.  Seems as though I've had more than a few challenges since I decided to get back to it more regularly.     


My image was stamped with black chalk ink and heat embossed with Zing EB powder in black, then I colored the image with my Copic markers, BV11, BV13 and FV2 to co-ordinate with my background panel and used scalloped lace border punch, {I think may be Martha Stewart} on the edge of the image panel.  The black is mulberry paper, I love the texture and interest it adds to cards or pages.   My whoops on the card is that I tried to use one of my corner punches and didn't have the card stock inserted correctly so it didn't even come out anywhere close to the way it was supposed to look.  Fortunately, there was enough space on the lower portion of the card that I could trim off my mistake and pretend I meant to have the card turn out like that.... Ha, ha!  The inside sentiment is also from MFT and says Wake up every morning with the thought that something wonderful is about to happen. 


2 comments:

  1. Such a nice and thoughtful card for your sister-in-law, Grace. I'm sure she will love it!

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace your card is beautiful! I love butterflies and the shimmer. Mulberry paper is one of my faves as well. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope my creations provided inspiration!